The KVM-E500 is using an inexpensive Category 5 cable to extend the distance between control console and a computer system. The maximum extension distance can be up to 500 feet (150m). The KVM-E500 is guaranteed to provide high video resolution to 1280 x 1024 even using 500 feet CAT5 cable.
The KVM-E500 is composed of two units: Transmitter and Receiver. The Transmitter can directly attach to a computer or a KVM switch. It synthesizes PS/2 keyboard signal, PS/2 mouse signal, and VGA monitor signal for being easily transmitted over a long distance. The Receiver locating in the remote site can get the synthetic signal and resolve it into original signals.
The KVM-E500 is the ideal solution for isolated server rooms, test sites, or secure systems where the computers ought to keep away from the public. No software is required, and Plug & Play installations reduce the efforts while deploying KVM-E500 to work field.
Secured Server Room
In order to increase the productivity and efficiency, to setup multiple servers for providing various networking services is necessary to a modern enterprise. Therefore, these servers can be regarded as the most essential assets. We should not only limit the network access of them, but also restrict the physical entrance of the server room. By deploying KVM-E500, the administrators can control the servers from remote site without unlocking the gate of server room, and thus keep them physically secured. Administrators can keep their daily work and maintain the servers on his seat to save the time of back and forth to server room.
• Use CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 Ethernet cable to connect Transmitter and Receiver units
• Extension distance is up to 500 feet (150m)
• High video resolution up to 1280 x 1024
• The provided local and remote consoles allow users to perform the management nearby or faraway
• Administrator can control the local PC and remote servers in local console
• No software is required
• Compatible with DOS, Windows, Linux, Unix and Netware
• Plug and Play installation